By Dahab Elkady
Super Saturday is back! Everyone is just super excited about the return of the EPL last Friday where Arsenal and Leicester City met at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal took the lead in the first 2 minutes of the game, but Okazaki’s goal stated that the fire was still on. If you’ve missed the fantasy deadline, you’re so unlucky. Looks like after the last interesting transfers, this season will be full of surprises! Check out 15 facts you never knew about the English Premier league.
- Ryan Giggs has the most appearances for a single club ever, with 963 appearances for Man United.
- John Terry (14/15), Wes Morgan (15/16), Azpilicueta (16/17) and Gary Pallister (1992/93) are the players to never miss a minute of the season they won.
- Most current Premier League stars are not English (Hazard, Pogba, Coutinho, Sanchez, Aguero).
- James Milner has scored in 47 different games and hasn’t lost in any of them.
- 1/10 people around the planet watch the Premier League or are fans of at least one of the teams.
- Rondon (West Brom) was the second only player to score a hatrick of headers vs Swansea in December 2016.
- 25% of the current teams are based in London.
- Out of 20 teams in the EPL, only 6 teams won the trophy. Arsenal/Man United/Man City/ Chelsea/ Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City. Man United alone won it 13 times.
- Al Etihad Stadium has the largest pitch in the EPL with 8932 square yards.
- We’ve never seen an English manager lifting the EPL trophy.
- Arsenal’s centre back Tony Adams was the first to say “Play football for the badge on the front of the shirt, and they’ll remember the name on the back.”
- The game of soccer was first played in England .
- Gary Lineker and Ryan Giggs never received a red card in their football careers.
- Ryan Giggs’ dad was a famous professional rugby league player in the 70’s.
- Frank Lampard is the player with the highest ever record of goals from outside the box in the Premier League (41).