We all love our best friends even though they can be a pain in the butt most of the times, right? Our best friends are and will always be those people whom we run to when things go wrong. When we’re sad and alone and feel like there is just no way we could make it in this world, our best friends are the sole reason we keep on living! So here is a tribute to our best friends in the whole wide world!
Dear Best Friend,
Thank you for..
1. Understanding my mood swings and inability to deal with people at times
I know I act crazy a lot of times, but I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for the fact that you know exactly when to back off and when to be there for me, even when I push you away.
2. Not b*tching about me behind my back like everyone does!
In life, we are often faced with an endless number of people who are willing to talk about us behind our backs for no reason other than the fact that they can, so thank you for not doing the same.
3. For introducing me to really cool music
My playlist has your name all over it, and for that I will always be thankful. Music goes to the heart, y’know!
4. For calling me and pretending that you were dying to get me out of that boring date
I never imagined that a conversation with someone could be so boring! So thank you for getting me out of that, even if it caused you to fake your death.
5. For all the times you were there for me when I wanted to hang out
On some days, I was eager to get out of the house and try this new place or restaurant and you were there for me every single time, so thank you for all the times you saved me from just another night of binge eating and watching TV shows.
6. For giving me hope when I needed it the most
On a more serious note, thank you for all the nights you were there to assure me. Thanks for telling me that I can make it, that I am capable of achieving my dreams!
7. For reading my 30 minutes long screenshots of conversations that happened between me and my crush
I know you told me that he doesn’t like me, and deep down I know that he doesn’t too, so thank you for all the times you read my conversations anyway and hoped that my crush will finally ask me out.
8. For pretending to like my boyfriend even though deep down you really hate him
I know that you think he’s a bad guy, but that’s just because you believe that no person on this planet is worthy of me, and I appreciate how highly you think of me, but most of all I appreciate how you’re willing to go against your gut and pretend to like him just so I don’t feel hurt.
9. For hating the people I hate just because I hate them
‘We’re a team’ is what you always said, and you really make me feel like we are a team all the time! So thank you for not asking me for a real reason when I told you that I don’t like that person just because I said so, and thank you for getting on board!
10. For acting like you don’t know about that thing I don’t want you to know about because I wasn’t ready to talk about it
Sometimes, I find myself not in a sharing mood. I like to bury my troubles and not talk about them, so thank you for pretending not to know about that thing I did, which you and I both know, you know about. I know that you knew, and I was going to tell you anyway. I was just waiting for the right time.
But most of all thank you my friend for the endless number of things I can’t thank you enough for! Thank you for being you, for bringing joy and happiness into my life!