By Rana Moharram
We get it; way too much effort goes into being a girl. From painting our nails, to styling our hair and everything else in between, sometimes it can get too exhausting. But don’t worry girls; we have your backs! Below are 15 beauty hacks that will change your life for the better! These beauty tips are so easy, you’ll be able to follow them in your half-asleep daze while looking like you’ve spent hours primping.
1. Camouflage roots by zigzagging your part rather than making it straight.
2. For unruly brows, apply hairspray to an old toothbrush, then brush upward and outward. It looks natural and keeps your eyebrows in place. Don’t spray the hairspray onto your eyebrows directly to avoid eye irritation.
3. You can also use this trick to tame those annoying fly aways.
4. Apply mascara to your bottom lashes first and then to your top lashes to avoid getting mascara on your lid and ruining your eye makeup.
5. Smile when you’re applying lipstick; it’s the best way to ensure complete coverage.
6. To make your lipstick last all day, hold a tissue over your lips and dust them with translucent powder and apply another layer of lipstick.
7. If you accidentally buy a foundation that’s darker than your skin tone, mix it with a little bit of moisturizer to lighten it up.
8. Ever wonder where to apply perfume? Perfume should be applied to your pulse points. These spots emanate heat, which helps fragrance to emanate from your skin into the air. (Inner wrists, behind your ear lobes, behind knees, and in the inner elbows).
BONUS: Apply Vaseline on these areas before you apply perfume to make it last longer.
9. Prime your eyelids with a white eyeliner to make any eyeshadow shade pop.
10. Instead of applying face lotion, SPF and foundation individually, invest in one great BB cream. It hydrates the skin, protects it from the sun and adds coverage. Such a time saver!
11. Use a beauty blender instead of your normal foundation brush. It gives your foundation an airbrushed finish and absorbs the excess product leaving you with a flawless face!
12. Apply your foundation before you apply your concealer. That way you’ll find that you don’t need as much concealer.
13. This hack is for all the girls who wish to hide redness due to pimples or just skin irritation. Cover it up using a green concealer first and then using a concealer that matches your skin colour.
14. Skip nail base coat and use a white nail polish instead. It will make any nail polish colour pop and appear brighter!
15. No more lipstick on your teeth! After applying your lipstick, stick your finger in your mouth, close your lips around it and remove your finger. The excess lipstick will blot onto your finger not teeth!