Yes, you read that correctly! Who said we can’t eat cake and still be healthy? Not just any cake either; cake that is delicious and amazingly fulfilling. We are here to set certain myths straight about healthy eating, and introduce you to the power of indulging through the healthiest choices.
Here are 5 awesome cake recipes that are quite nutritious and absolutely guilt free:
1) Strawberry Banana Bread (Closet Cooking)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (use whole wheat with oat flour instead)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (use honey)
- 3 large over-ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt aside.
- Mix brown sugar (or honey), bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt and strawberries in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan preferably a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.