In a dynamic world like ours, one would have to excel in their fields in order to find a job that fits all criteria for a person. For example, I for one, want security, to learn, a good salary, and a promising career. In order to achieve all that, I need to make a great impression in any interview I may have. There are some rules that one must completely abide by in order to leave a good impression personally and professionally.
1. Dress appropriately. In other words, on the side of being conservative, personal grooming and hygiene are a must. Dress to impress!
2. Arrive 10-15 minutes early in order to leave some time to visit the restroom and freshen up before the interview.
3. Upon meeting with your interviewer, greet them with a firm handshake, eye contact, and a friendly smile.
4. Be positive and be your best professional self. Dishonesty, more often than not, gets discovered and is grounds for job offer withdrawal; thereby, a bad reputation.
5. Do your research well about your employer and prepare intelligent questions that you have not found answers to in your research.
1. Never make negative comments about your previous employer or give away any secrets.
2. Do not give the impression that you are interested in anything other than the firm itself rather than its geographical location, salary… etc.
3. Do not act as though you would take any job or are desperate for employment.
4. Make sure you keep your phone on vibrate. Better yet, turn it off. You should not allow your phone to make any kind of sounds.
5. Do not slouch on your chair or fidget.