Men’s grooming in Egypt is growing increasingly popular across the different socioeconomic backgrounds. Egyptian men are finding it more and more essential to take care of their looks even though not many are willing to admit it! Skin problems are common for both men and women and are usually treated with very similar products even though the masculine lines may not be so aggressively promoted like the feminine ones.
Not all men know how to deal with basic skin problems, or take daily care of their skin. It’s not at all complicated, or even time consuming. As long as you’re familiar with the basics, you’re good to go. If you’re not, we’re here to help!
It’s important to know your skin type
Knowing your skin type is the key to having good skin. Once you identify your skin type, you’ll learn how to properly look after it. Below are the different types of skins:
Normal Skin: It’s not too dry, not too oily, very few, to no, visible pores, and rarely breaks out.
Oily Skin: The skin is usually shiny and greasy, has large pores, visible blackheads and usually a lot of acne.
Dry Skin: Overall, the skin looks dull and might have a lot of red patches; very visible dry skin that is usually itchy, in some cases the skin looks scaly.
Combination Skin: Your skin is a mix between oily and dry. The cheeks have dry skin, but the T-zone has oily skin.
What to use:
- Whatever your skin type, do NOT use hand wash soaps! They’re terrible for the skin.
- Do use fragrance-free and anti-bacterial soaps. Or better yet, use a facial cleanser twice a day, in the morning and at night.
- Do not use a product you’re skeptical about. Many people buy skin products without knowing if their skin really needs it to begin with or not.
- Do use toners daily; they are very important particularly if you have oily skin. Toners remove the extra oils and dirt that accumulate on the skin during the day.
- Do use a face scrub; exfoliating is even more important for guys than for girls. Other than getting rid of the skin’s impurities and blackheads, exfoliating for men makes the beard area cleaner and removes under-grown hair, which makes shaving easier and allows for healthier growth of the beard.
- Do moisturize your skin, preferably twice a day after using the face wash.
- Do use eye-cream every morning. Puffy eyes could ruin the whole look and make you look tired. Using an eye-cream will make you look healthier and give you a more radiant face.
- Do use lip-balms as much as possible. Healthy lips look, and feel better.
- Do not use scented or colored lip-balms. They do more harm than good.
- Do use a good aftershave every time you shave your beard.
- Do not use an aftershave that contains alcohol, or has a strong fragrance. Those irritate the skin, and are generally bad for your complexion.