Not everybody likes rice. Some try to cut back on bread. But let us get one thing straight.. EVERYBODY loves pasta! It is easy to make, could be done in different ways, and absolutely delish! So there you go, pasta lovers.. Enjoy!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 large head of broccoli (1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken/shredded meat (2 cups)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook spaghetti in hot water. Drain, reserving it in 1/2 cup of cooking water.
2. Cut broccoli into small florets
3. heat half the oil in a skillet on medium heat
4. Add broccoli, garlic and salt until broccoli becomes tender
5. Add pasta, reserved water, chicken and cook until heated
6. Add red pepper and toss well. When done, drizzle with the remaining olive oil
Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato Pasta
- 1 pound dry fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (smashed)
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 1 pint red or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil l eaves (torn)
- 1 cup arugula (torn)
- 1/4 cup freshly granulated Parmesan cheese.
1. Cook fettuccine in hot water. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil then add onions and garlic till they soften (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Add sausages and use a wooden spoon to crumble them for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes until they soften and their skin burst, then add vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Add cooked fettuccine, basil, arugula and mix gently. Add Parmesan on top in serving bowl.
Penne with Salmon, Arugula and Chives
- 1 pound of skinless salmon fillet
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces of penne
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Fill sauce pan with water enough to cover the salmon. Add bay leaf.
2. simmer salmon until cooked for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and flake it into pieces.
3. Cook pasta and drain.
4. Toast pine nuts in pan until golden then place in a bowl.
5. Heat oil in a skillet then add the salmon, penne, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until heated well for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in arugula and chives then serve.