Many people feel at a loss of energy despite having a good night’s sleep. In order for you to feel more energized and make the most out of your mornings, follow these simple steps for the maximum energy optimization.
1. BREAKFAST: it is necessary in lowering stress and giving you the energy you need. Don’t skip it! If you don’t have time for a meal, go for a healthy fruity shake. Great options include cereal or granola, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fruits and vegetables.
2. WATER: drink a lot of it. During summer our bodies get dehydrated quickly because of the heat which could lead to feeling fatigued. Avoid that by making sure you get your daily intake of water by drinking it or eating fruits like watermelon with high water content.
3. AVOID HEAVY MEALS BEFORE BED: spicy, creamy and heavy meals will be hard to digest and won’t make it easy for you to fall asleep at night. Make sure to stop eating 2-3 hours before sleep.
4. STOP HITTING SNOOZE: get up right when the alarm rings, stretch your arms and take a deep breath and start your day! Snoozing and going back to sleep will make you crankier as your sleep will be shallow and disrupted every few minutes.
5. QUICK EXERCISE: do a few jumping jacks and sit ups right when you wake up. Your body will be pumped and you will feel more energized instantly. Don’t go hard at it, do it with ease.
6. STOP DRINKING COFFEE DAILY: that will accustom your body to the caffeine intake and it will get used to waking up with the morning coffee. Reduce your coffee drinks and help your body wake itself up naturally.
7. LISTEN TO BUDDHA: be grateful for not dying. Every time you go to sleep, there is a chance you won’t wake up. If you look at it this way, you will be grateful you are awake and instead of seeing the day as a burden, it will turn into an opportunity!