Many of us come back from work exhausted and in no mood to cook. For all of us lazy folks out there, here are 2 salad recipes that will blow your mind!
Pasta Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese:
- Whole wheat pasta
- Arugula – about three handfulls, rinsed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Roasted red peppers and/or cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Crumbled goat cheese- at least half a container’s worth
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice and/or white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions. Drain the pasta and pour into a big serving bowl.
- Chop arugula and roasted peppers and/or cherry tomatoes.
- Pour in goat cheese. Toss with peppers/tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, a lemon’s worth of juice or a drizzle of vinegar, and salt and pepper. Mix in arugula last.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1 head of shredded lettuce
- 3 cups of cooked chopped chicken/meat
- 2 tomatos, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup peeled, diced avocado
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 bottle ranch dressing
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.
- Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing and enjoy.