CLIMACHILL is back for its 3rd successive season, once again re-defining cooling apparel innovation with new and more advanced technologies and a unique sport and gender specific design. Destroy the heat this S/S 16.
As heat rises, challenges increase, and with adidas CLIMACHILL so does the determination to perform. Working closely with athletes around the world, it is clear that increased heat and humid weather makes training and competitive performance more difficult. When core body temperature exceeds 37 degrees Celsius, efficiencies decrease and athletes cannot perform at their peak capacity. That’s why the new adidas CLIMACHILL uses industry-leading technology to keep their body temperature at an optimum level and help them perform at their best, even in the hottest conditions.
The result of the adidas Futures Team working closely with leading athletes, and of extensive testing within the climate chamber of adidas’ research labs, the S/S16 collection is its most advanced cooling product range yet; offering an evolution of previous CLIMACHILL technologies to work with the body to maintain the optimal body temperature:
- For the first time, the adidas CLIMACHILL women’s range has been given a unique construction to complement the unique requirements of a women’s body identified via the Futures team’s research. The result? A fit that is truly tailored to the female form and offers maximised cooling where needed the most.
- Fabric weight and thickness that differs between sports to enhance performance functionality depending on an athlete’s needs.
- A uniquely engineered design profile includes industry-leading 3D aluminium-cooling spheres strategically located on the back and neck to correspond with the warmest areas of the body; providing an instant cooling sensation on contact.
- Mesh-like micro fibres transport excess moisture away from your skin.
- Revolutionary SubZero flat yarns contain titanium to maximise surface contact with the skin, to transfer heat away from the body.
Brie Felnagle, American middle distance runner said of the launch: “I know that to stay at the top my game, I need to train 365 days a year, and often in very hot climates as we travel the world. My competitors don’t stop when the temperature rises, so neither will I. That’s why I look to CLIMACHILL, it works as hard as I do to allow me to train, regardless of the temperature.”
Jason Richardson, American hurdler and former World Champion said: “For me, a race doesn’t begin at the start line, it starts when I first step out to train, with every session helping me to cut off vital milliseconds. Armed with adidas CLIMACHILL I can push hard to perform all year round.”
Heike Leibl, VP Horizontal Concepts at adidas said of the launch: “At adidas we are constantly working with athletes to understand how we can enable them to achieve their best. Our athletes push themselves to the limit, and to keep up with them we also pursue our own PBs, making apparel that is more climate resistant, stylish and effective than everything that came before. We know that amateurs and professionals all over the world struggle with training and performing in extreme heat. With the CLIMACHILL range we have produced a technology that is unparalleled in the way it addresses overheating in athletes, allowing them to keep up their training and performance, regardless of the heat.”
The collection, which comes in a bold new Brazilian pack range of colours, on trend for the summer of sport ahead, is part of the new adidas CLIMAZONE concept launched in 2016. Developed for those who are ‘Not Made For Normal’, adidas, has created a unified product concept that can address specific seasonal weather issues to enable elevated performance in unrelenting conditions.
adidas CLIMA is made up of three product ranges, each designed to provide athletes complete protection from the elements:
- CLIMACHILL to control temperature in hot conditions,
- CLIMAHEAT to retain body heat when the weather gets cold
- CLIMAPROOF to repel wind, rain and snow
Each of the ranges, including adidas CLIMACHILL, can be purchased in special CLIMAZONE areas in select adidas stores across the world and at adidas.com/climazone. The adidas CLIMACHILL SS16 range launches in Egypt on the 1st of April with new product lines of the CLIMAPROOF and CLIMAHEAT collections to follow in the fall/winter.
The spring/summer Climachill range including training and running: t-shirts, tanks, shorts, tights and footwear is available from EGP 265 and EGP 1,625 in selected retailers nationwide.
For more information visit adidas.com/climazone and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram with #Climachill